Friday, August 5, 2011
Summer Nights
Yay, we are getting some rain! It has been thundering off and on today, but no rain until just a little bit ago. I love the sound of rain on a tin roof. Some of my favorite sounds are rain on a tin roof, and the sounds at night out in the country. In the summer I love just listening to all the crikets, and frogs, and whiperwills. Growing up on the farm I use to just go outside at night and just sit and listen for hours. The other night they were so loud after I went to bed I could hear them, that is the best music to go to sleep to. I also love being out in the country, because there are no city lights and the stars shine so bright. Some nights it is amazing how many stars you can see, and you can even see the Milky Way. I remember I use to just lay on the porch and watch the stars, and during one meter shower that we had, I saw a huge falling star, it was so bright I could not believe it. It looked like it would have almost hit somewhere on the farm. I just love all the beautiful things that God has blessed us with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment